HISTORY

1942 Kihara Institute for Biological Studies (Foundation) established in Mozume, suburban Kyoto prefecture
1955 Relocated to Mutsukawa Minami-ku, Yokohama
1983 Kihara Institute for Biological Studies' basic concept formulated Committee (Advisory to the mayor of Yokohama) reported to the mayor of Yokohama the establishment of a Research Foundation on life sciences
1984 Donated and transferred to the Yokohama City government
1985 Kihara Memorial Yokohama Foundation for the advancement of life sciences (Foundation) established by permission of the governor of Kanagawa Prefecture
1986 Obtained from the governor of Kanagawa Prefecture, the proof of tax exemption acquired by law amendment, the proof of Specific Public Interest Enhancement Corporation
1995 Relocated to Maioka-cho, Totsuka-ku
2005 Reformed as an affiliate under the control of Economic Affairs Bureau of Yokohama City, by reorganization of Yokohama City University to Public University Corporation
2009 Relocated to completed Yokohama Biotechnology Industry Center at Suehiro-cho, Tsurumi-ku
2011 Started operation of completed Yokohama Biopharmaceutical Research and Development Center
2013 Obtained the certification of Public Interest Incorporated Foundation from the governor of Kanagawa Prefecture