Dissemination of knowledge and academic exchange in life sciences
- Kihara Memorial Foundation Academic Award, Special Award:
- The foundation award to young researchers' original excellent researches in life sciences. This award has been praised by such academic conferences of life science, as Yokohama originated well known academic award.
- Kihara Memorial Children's Science Award:
- The foundation award to excellent research to encourage on biological scientific researches of elementary and junior-high school students of Kanagawa prefecture.
- High school practice:
- The foundation holds a practice course of biotechnology for high school students in Kanagawa prefecture for the purpose of development of youth researchers in life sciences in the future.
- For publicity of our activities and dissemination of life science knowledge, the Foundation is planning, editing and publishing a newsletter.